Tuesday, June 10, 2008

 

A Sales Dilemma - Risks Aren't Scary Once You Take Them

A sales dilemma salespeople face sooner or later is taking risks.
This isn't theory - I know this firsthand.

You see, I spent 19 years working for other companies when I returned
from Vietnam.

13 of these 19 years were with American Hospital Supply Corp. which
was acquired by Baxter in 1985. I had all the jobs I ever dreamed
about including sales representative, regional sales manager, director
of marketing, vice president of sales, vice president of marketing,
and finally vice president of sales and marketing.

Back then I was never a big risk taker - I usually played it safe. My biggest sales dilemma was that I never took big risks when I
should have.

In 1985 I started thinking about going into business for myself. The emphasis was on the keyword thinking.

I talked myself out of it every six months for three years.

It was a scary thing I was thinking about doing.

I was so scared I became paralyzed in my thinking.

This was risky business and I wasn't sure if I was up to the challenge.

Finally, I stopped thinking.

I made a decision that would change my sales career forever.

I established a written goal with a specific date. Here's what
my written goal said on a sheet of paper from a yellow legal pad.


"On February 5, 1988 I will resign my position to start my
sales training company."

I then signed it because it was a contract with myself.

The whole idea of doing this was still scary up until February
5th - the day I resigned.

What was once scary now became exciting and exhilarating to me.

The fear and concerns were replaced with new ideas, specific action
steps, and incredible focus.

If you're sitting on a big risk today, add up the advantages and
disadvantages. If the advantages outweigh the disadvantages - go
for it. Take the chance.

Your life will be better for it.

It's one less regret you'll have during your lifetime.

Don't fill your life with regrets when you can become the person
you dream about becoming.

He These words are especially appropriate whenever you face a major sales dilemma: "If it is to be, it is up to me!"



Update - 57 Ways To Reinvent And Distinguish
Yourself From Your Competition

I'm making good progress on my New Special Selling Report titled,
"57 Ways To Reinvent And Distinguish Yourself From
Your Competition
."

The words are flowing like lava from an active volcano. Now you'll
be able to deal with any sales dilemma you face.

Here's a sneak peek at just a few of the ideas you'll find in my
new Special Report.

=> The bowtie guy

=> Three-step follow-up

=> Focus on the "Odds"


=> It makes perfect "Cents"

=> "To Do" and "Not to do" lists

=> How to turn cold calling into warm calling

I just spent a couple days with my speaking and writing buddies.
Told them about my new Special Report, "57 Ways To
Reinvent And Distinguish Yourself From Your Competition
."

They asked me about the pricing I told them I was offering (Still
am
) a prepublication special price of $29.97. I told them the
price will be $39.97 as soon as the report is released.

These are friends who call it the way they see it and they said
I was practically giving away this product and encouraged me to
raise my price.

I capitulated. When you think about it, it's 57 selling ideas you
can use to grow your business, become more productive,
outfox your competition, impress your customers and
no doubt enable you to earn more money.

You with you you can So here's what I decided. The pre-publication special price of
$29.97 is good until the Report is printed. The new price will be
$57.


57 creative selling ideas for 57 bucks.


Don't blend in with your competition. This Special Report will
show you how to stand out and distinguish yourself from the mediocre
majority.

Reserve your copy right now.

As the title implies this special report will give you 57 ideas
on how you can stand-out from the competition. The printed version
of the Report will be available in 2 weeks - so I'm offering a pre-publication
special price for all orders received before then.

If you order today you can save $27.03. Regular price is $57.
Pre-publication special price is $29.97.

Reserve your copy here and your competitors won't know what hit 'em.




Selling Tips

Go here to see 8 selling tips submitted by experts
and sales professionals around the world.

Use this link to see these selling tips and to add your
own selling tips and success stories
.




Motivate Your Sales Reps To
Sell During Tough Times

What's the biggest sales dilemma your sales team faces? If your salespeople are down because the economy is down, my sales training is designed to pick them back up.

Your salespeople can drink all the Starbucks coffee they want (loaded
with caffeine) and that won't have any impact on sales. On the other
hand, if they're drinking the coffee during my sales training -
look out!

Tough times require tough salespeople. My Knockout Sales Training
builds winning teams?


Go here if you want to get your sales team ready to rumble.




Links To Previous Newsletters


Link to Reinventing Yourself article

Link to Selling-Scripts article

Link to Hooked On Selling


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?