Wednesday, September 12, 2007

 

How One Idea Can Influence Your Income And Your Happiness



I just did it again.

I reread one of the best sales books ever written for the 6th time. It's a classic book on sales. I first mentioned this book to you three years ago.

Back then I had 8,015 subscribers which has since grown to 20,324 as of today.

I've got so many notes in this book I can barely read the type on the pages. The title of the first chapter is, "How One Idea Multiplied My Income And Happiness." And that's just the first chapter.

This guy really knows how to grab and hold your attention. Here's his powerful and provocative idea.

"Nothing but the determination to act enthusiastic increased my income 700% in 10 days!" Your enthusiasm really does make a difference, so you'd better have it with you during every sales call.

This book is getting hard to read now because I have so many things underlined and highlighted. The inside front and back covers are also loaded with notes. But that's good isn't it? Well, I think it is.


I'd like to share some of the things Frank said in his book with you:

He said, "When I force myself to be enthusiastic, I soon feel enthusiastic."

He felt no one was cut out to be a salesperson. He said, "You have to cut yourself out to be whatever you want to be." That's right and it's also brilliant - so don't forget it.

He said, "The most important secret of salesmanship is to find out what the other fellow wants, then help him find the best way to get it."

He used the word "You" and "Your" as often as 69 times in a 15 minute sales call.

He discovered the most important word to use in sales had only three letters - "WHY." He used that word often when dealing with objections. He goes into some detail about this in chapter 11.

He talked about a daily ritual he performed and got these results, "I became more welcome everywhere, when I did this."

How would you like to do one little thing and become more welcome everywhere you went? That's a no-brainer!

When faced with objections he often said, "In addition to that, isn't there something else in the back of your mind?" Imagine what you could learn about your customer when you ask this question.

Naturally, you'd learn what the real objection is.

He also believes, "By concentrating on one thing at a time, you will get further with it in one week than you otherwise would in a year." This is a great time management tip.

He said, "A sales person cannot know too much, but he can talk too much." This guy knows what he's talking about.

He pondered, "Have you ever noticed that the breaks seem to go with the person who has a sincere, enthusiastic smile?"

He also said, "Give every living soul you meet the best smile you ever smiled in your life, even your spouse and children, and see how much better you feel and look. It's one of the best ways I know to stop worrying and start living."

Hey, how good is this advice - stop worrying and start living?

He devoted an entire section, five full chapters, of his book describing ideas on "How to make people want to do business with you." This is a must read if you're in sales. Why chase the business when Frank can show you how to attract it?

Well, you'd probably like to know the author's name and here it is. Frank Bettger wrote "How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling." It's a classic sales book with over 700,000 copies sold.

Each time I read his book I take away another good idea. This time I was blown away by Chapter 32 titled, "An Amazing Closing Technique I Learned From A Master Salesman."

This takes "Closing the sale" to a totally different level! This one idea can change your selling results forever - it's that good.

Anyway, this book is so powerful I just bought 100 copies for my subscribers. That's right 100 copies.

I did the same thing three years ago.

So what am I gonna do with them? I'm going to make you an irresistible offer which includes your own personal copy Frank's book.

Here's the special package:

Since a good deal of what Frank Bettger talks about in his book is self-management and getting organized I've got the perfect tie-in for you. I've written a book, "57 Ways To Take Control Of Your Time And Your Life." Because so many of you spend so much time in your cars I also recorded the book as a CD album for you.

If you want to explode your sales bubble, and I mean that in a positive way, you gotta read Frank's book. And if you want to get better organized in your sales work, you gotta get my CD album, "57 Ways To Take Control Of Your Time And Your Life" .

So - here's the package I put together for you. Offer is limited to the first 100 salespeople and entrepreneurs who place their orders online:

Frank's book - "How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling." The price is $12.00 The value however is priceless.

6-CD album, "57 Ways To Take Control Of Your Time And Your Life." This is a $67.50 value.

Paperback - "57 Ways To Take Control Of Your Time And Your Life." This is a $19.95 value.

Newest CD - "How To Establish Goals That Stick - A System For Getting Exactly What You Want." This is a $29.95 value.

CD - "75 Little Things You Can Do To Grow Your Business And Boost Your Income." This is a $29.95 value.

Special Bonus eBook - The Science Of Getting Rich For Salespeople And Entrepreneurs. This is a 24.95 value.

The total value here is $184.30.

You can have all of it for less than HALF PRICE - $77 + s & h. Actually you'll save 58.3% if you order today.

Remember - I only have 100 copies to start with.

When the supply runs out so does this special offer.

Here's what the late Dr. Norman Vincent Peale had to say about Frank's book.

"This book has helped me immeasurably, and anyone who wants to be a successful person should read it."

Now - if this book had a positive influence on Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, what can it do for you?

Go here now to be one of the first 100 to get Frank Bettger's incredible book and the other goodies I've bundled in this package for you.

Too bad I can only do this for 100 salespeople.

This isn't for everyone. But if you want to make more money, save
precious selling time, avoid sales tactics that just don't work,
and become the "Go To Sales Rep" for your prospects and customers,
take a look at the special package - which includes Frank's book.

Go here to get your Frank Bettger special offer today:

or cut and paste this link into your browser:

http://www.on2url.com/app/adtrack.asp?MerchantID=39581&AdID=336611

And I can't wait to get your e-mails telling me how the ideas in Frank's book helped you close some BIG DEALS!


FYI - the last time I made this offer - we sold out within three days. So please don't wait!




Sales Management

What's the biggest challenge new sales managers face?

Call (800) 266-1268 and I'd be happy to answer this question for you.

Use this link to get more information and to see what you'll be missing if you don't attend my Advanced Sales Management Program January 2008.




Time Saver Tip

Create lists and you'll save a bundle of time.

For example - I have a list of everything I need to do when I'm planning a sales training Boot Camp.

I have a list every time I write a newsletter like this. There are 14 items on this list.

If it's important and you don't want to forget about it create a list and keep it handy.

Last week I forgot to put the link to my newsletter on my website. Guess what - it's now on the list.

Lists will keep you focused and minimize the distractions.




Sales Tip

You will definitely increase your probability of success during every sales calls the more times you use the words "You" or "Your."

I learned this from Frank Bettger and Dale Carnegie.

Several people sent me examples of their elevator speech from the sales tips in last week's letter.

One gent started with "I" and ended with "Me."

Hey it's not about you. it's about them - THE CUSTOMER!

Your elevator speech should include a customer benefit. You can't do this on the run. You'll need some quiet-time.

And be sure you use "You" and "Your."



Words of Wisdom

Anything you can imagine is real.
Pablo Picasso

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big.
Donald Trump

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.
John Wooden





Rants, Raves, and Other Loose Ends

Okay - you're in sales.

If you want to attract more business stop thinking like a corporate sales person and start thinking like an entrepreneur.

When you bring an entrepreneurial spirit with you on sales calls - that's when the birds start singing.

Here are two resources I rely on to grow my business. Entrepreneur Magazine and I recently discovered the Wall Street Journal's Online page for entrepreneurs.

Here's the link:

http://online.wsj.com/small-business?mod=djm_HAWSJSB_Welcome



Start selling more . . .





Jim Meisenheimer
Publisher - Start Selling More Newsletter

19 years . . .

505 corporate customers . . .

83.3% repeat business . . .

(800) 266-1268




PS - here's your link to be one of the 100 street smart salespeople to cash in on the Frank Bettger Special package.

Go here to get Frank's special package:

or cut and paste this link into your browser:

http://www.on2url.com/app/adtrack.asp?MerchantID=39581&AdID=336611

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?