Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 

I'd Rather Eat Than Smoke

Let me explain. Last month, April 28th to be exact, Bernadette,
my wife, and I were in Chicago to attend a wedding.

Everything about the wedding, including the weather, was perfect.

On Sunday, April 29th we headed back to Palm tree country - Lakewood
Ranch Florida.

My life is my laboratory and I'm always paying attention to what's
going on around me.

I get a lot of my newsletter ideas this way including the idea for
this issue.

After we cleared security we headed toward the American Airlines
gate for I'll flight home.

We were walking behind a young couple, I guess in their mid-20s,
pushing two strollers - with two very young kids.

My first impression was a young and happy family on the go.

And as we got closer to them, I heard the father say, "I'd rather
eat than smoke."

We were approaching the food court when he said, "I'd rather eat
than smoke." And I should point out his wife nodded in agreement.

Let me say this about that - I don't have an attitude about smokers.

This is a free country the last time I checked.

When I heard the words, "I'd rather eat than smoke," it just reminded
me, with a sledgehammer, that life is all about choices and we make
them every day.

And our choices have a way of affecting and influencing our lives.

Do you like what you see when you look in the mirror? You are where
you are and I am where I am because of the choices we've made in
the past.

The sum of past choices equals your reality today.

The choices you make today will affect your reality in the future.

Observing this young couple, pushing two strollers with two young
kids, was a powerful reminder to me about priorities and choices,
that we make everyday.

In this case, a young couple walking briskly through the airport,
with two young kids, choosing between eating and smoking.

In your case, do you have everything you want out of your life?

Do you have a personal plan for achieving what you want out of life?

"Choice not chance, determines destiny."





Here's a good choice for you: New CD "How To Establish GOALS That Stick."

http://www.kickstartcart.com/app/javanof.asp?MerchantID=39581&ProductID=3479387

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?