Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

Persist Until You Succeed . . .


This is a special day - it's my 18th Wedding Anniversary and it's also a special month because it's my 18th year in business as an entrepreneur.

What was I thinking in June 1988 - getting married and starting a new business at the same time? I'm not sure, but I'm happy to report, both are doing very well.
I remember two memorable words from exchanging vows, "I do." And the two words I've said repeatedly throughout 18 years of marriage are, "Yes dear!"

As far as my business is concerned I've been a goal-setting and a goal-achieving entrepreneur. I prefer to keep things simple.

Changing the subject! I'm rereading one of the classics, that all salespeople and entrepreneurs should read. It isn't loaded with sales tips and selling techniques - but it's loaded with the philosophy of successful sales careers. The title is, "The Greatest Salesman In The World" by Og Mandino. Without trying to give you an entire book report, the book contains ten scrolls, which the reader is encouraged to read three times a day for thirty days.

Here are some insights from scroll #3:

"The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning."

"Henceforth, I will consider each day's effort as but one blow of my blade against a mighty oak."

"I will never consider defeat and will remove these words from my vocabulary: quit, cannot, unable, impossible, out of the question, improbable, failure, unworkable, hopeless, and retreat." I would add these words to this list: hope, discount, and commodity.

"I will ignore the obstacles at my feet and keep mine eyes on the goals above my head."

"Each failure to sell will increase my chance for success at the next attempt."

"Never will I allow any day to end with a failure."

"Nor will I allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency."

"For now I know one of the greatest principles of success; if I persist long enough I will win. I will persist. I will win!"

This book is a short 111 pages. It's another good book to add to your personal library.

By the way - in response to several requests for a digital version (PDF file) of my Ultimate No-Brainer Selling Skills Manual Vol. I - it's now available. The printed version is $147 and the new eManual (PDF) version is $29.97 which means you can save $117.03 off the regular price.

This link goes directly to my shopping cart:
http://www.kickstartcart.com/app/adtrack.asp?AdID=245059

Use this link if you would like to see more information:
http://www.meisenheimer.com/products/manual.htm
Imagine starting every day with the attitude that you will persist until you succeed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?