Monday, January 23, 2006

 

Liza Minnelli - You Won't Believe This



No-Brainer Selling Tips Letter

For salespeople, sales executives, and entrepreneurs

Liza Minnelli - You Won't Believe This


No-Brainer Selling Tips #225


January 22, 2006


For salespeople, sales executives, and entrepreneurs



Liza Minnelli - You Won't Believe This


The quickest way to become un-famous is to do what Liza Minnelli did in front of 1743 people, or better yet customers, on January 19th, at Sarasota's Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall.

Liza is a star. As a matter of fact some consider her to be a superstar. So that's why Bernadette and I plunked right at holy Idown $85 a ticket to see her perform.

I thought I was in for a treat. Instead, I was in for a shock. It was a kick me in the seat-of-the-pants, and whack me on the side of my head kind of a shock. Here's what happened.

The show started five minutes late - I know that's not a big deal, but I did write a time management book called, "57 Ways To Take Control Of Your Time And Your Life."

Keep reading.

From behind the curtains she introduced a 14-year-old kid as her adopted godson, whatever that means. He was dressed in a black suit, black shirt, black tie, and his slicked down hair. He was dressed as a Frank Sinatra look-alike wearing wing tip shoes.

He was crooning love songs. He didn't quite pull it off. How can a 14 year old kid with an average voice, be expected to pull it off? Especially when he's singing to an audience whose average age you don't want to know. I felt like a teenager in this crowd.

He was on stage for 20 minutes. And then came the announcement there would be a 15 minute break.

Actually - it was a 20 minute break.

Bernadette and I stepped out for a glass of wine. Other people were stepping out as well, only they were stepping out for a refund.

Most of the people in the audience remained in their seats. They were agitated and after 15 minutes started clapping their hands demanding Liza.

I can't make this stuff up. She sang with a slight lisp.

After each song she had to get a towel to pat down her perspiration.

She seemed to be out of breath after every song. After singing for 30 minutes she left the stage. The band played a very long song. The piano player introduced the 12 members of the band as they played for what seemed like another intermission.

I guess it was worth it because Liza returned dressed in a different outfit.

Liza reached for a bar stool after singing several more songs and asked her piano player to sing a song, while she caught her breath.

Look - I'm not trying to be tough on Liza. We're the same age. If I was in the same shape she was in, I wouldn't be doing motivational speeches and sales training gigs. I would figure it out, that it was time for me to hang up my spurs.

She saved the best for her last three songs. She belted out these songs including, one of my favorites, New York - New York it in a style be-fitting the star I was expecting.

Gimme a break - Liza was Liza for only three songs. I thought I was paying for an entire show.

In my Ultimate No-Brainer Selling Skills Manual there's a section titled, "It's All About The Customer."

Before the Van Wezel turned the stage lights on Liza should have read these chapters:

=>> How To Build Awesome Customer Relationships - page 18.

=>> Are Customers Lining Up To Do Business With You - page 20


=>> How To Be Ineffective In Front A Potential Customer - page 24.


=>> I Just Got Wowed - page 26..


=>> How To Create Believability And Credibility - page 31.


If anyone has Liza Minnelli's mailing address please send it to me, so I can send her a complimentary copy of my No-Brainer Sales Manual in time for her next performance,


Get your copy here:

Let's go sell something . . .



Jim Meisenheimer


PS - a big thank you to the 147 street smart salespeople and entrepreneurs who
ordered a copy of the "Ultimate No-Brainer Selling Skills Manual - Vol I" last week. Your order will be shipped on Wednesday.

Here's the link again:








Published by Jim Meisenheimer

13506 Blythefield TerraceLakewood Ranch, FL 34202
(800) 266-1268
E-mail:
jim@meisenheimer.com
Website:
http://www.meisenheimer.com


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?